Tile is a beautiful flooring material for any home remodeling project. Tile is durable and affordable in comparison to many other flooring products. You will find a diverse choice of styles in many textures, patterns in any color you wish. Tile is suitable for use in any room, but offers specific benefits in rooms where moisture is common, such as the kitchen, laundry room and bathrooms. The diversity of tile available on the market today is a far cry from tile that was in use decades earlier. Now, any homeowner will be able to locate the tile with the exact ‘look' and functionality they prefer. Porcelain and ceramic tile are one of the best sellers for homeowners in our Connecticut area communities.
Tile offers many important qualities. This floor covering material can be highly beneficial in any room. Its versatility makes it a very popular choice for those homeowners who desire new flooring for their remodeling projects. Here are some good reasons to select tile flooring:
- It's affordable - Tile is one of the most affordable flooring materials on the market. Its maintenance cost over time is less than that required for hardwood or carpet. It also lasts for many decades when regularly cared for, which is why it will pay for itself over time.
- It permits fast installation - If you want a really fast flooring installation for your kitchen, bathrooms, or other rooms in your home, tile is an ideal material. The installation is generally fast as well, because tile doesn't require extensive work to be set in place. There is little dust or chemical residue to deal with either. This is one of the easiest flooring materials to install.
- Numerous choices are available - There are almost as many styles of tile as there are types of people who prefer it. You can find a broad selection of textures, color combinations, and materials. The Floor Covering Shop carries natural stone, ceramic and porcelain tile. Each has a distinctive visual appearance. You can also combine different styles and types of tile to develop patterns on the floor, or in bathroom shower surrounds.
- It provides durability – Not many normal things will damage tile unless you drop a heavy object on it. Even then, however, damaged tile is easy and inexpensive to replace should that happen. Tile also resists heat and cold; there is no reason to worry about swelling either, because tile resists moisture. It does not lose its shape, even after many years of continual foot traffic. Perhaps equally important, you won't have to be concerned about children or pets staining or scratching your tile surfaces.
- It works for any room - Tile works just well in your living room and bedroom as it will for the kitchen and bathrooms. Its' strength makes tile a natural fit in just about any room in your home where you install it. The many available styles, makes it easy to ‘fit in' with an existing or new interior design.
- Easy to clean – Regular care is very easy with tile. You don't need anything but a steam mop, or a mild detergent and damp mop, to keep the surface of tile clean and sterile. You can sweep away dust and dirt with just a broom. Allergens like pollen and pet dander won't adhere to tile, so it's wonderful for families with asthma or allergies. It also keeps odors away and does not promote the growth of mold, mildew or fungus. Tile is absolutely one of the cleanest and easiest flooring materials available.
The Floor Covering Shop supplies and installs tile for homeowners in Norwich, Willimantic, Colchester, Stonington, Waterford and other nearby Connecticut areas. If you'd like additional information or would like to view our extensive collection of the latest tile samples personally, phone us, e-mail us, or drop by at our showroom
and store in Norwich, CT at your convenience to discuss your interest in tile with one of our experienced flooring specialists.